Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Conundrum

I have this slice of cheese. Cheddar. Thin. Machine-cut.

I brought it to work so I could eat it with some crackers. But I only ate half of it. (But it was good.)

It's in a ziplock baggie.

I want to save it for tomorrow, but I feel weird about putting a half slice of cheddar cheese in the communal refrigerator. In a baggie with my name on it. I will be judged.

I suppose the only solution is to stealthily tape it to the underside of a refrigerator drawer for the night and stealthily retrieve it in the morning.

Good thing I'm a stealthy kind of person.

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

I don't understand why anyone would judge you for a half-slice of cheese in the refrigerator. People are crueler than I thought.

Kristina P. said...

I would totally judge you.

Jules AF said...

Yeah, that'd be weird. And I don't like cheese anyway. So I'd DOUBLY judge you.

Andy Bourne said...

I think an alternate solution is to write somebody else's name on the baggy. Maybe someone recently retired, out of town on vacation, or completely fictional. If you choose the last option, the name Pubert is one I have used in similar situations with marginal success. Nobody would ever say "That Pubert is a weird guy. Look at that half-eaten cheese." They would think "That Pubert is a weird guy. But it's not his fault. His name is Pubert."

rychelle said...

um...I think that hiding the cheese is funnier than leaving it on the shelf...and why didn't you eat the whole piece anyways...

I didn't see SYTYCD last night, but I think tonight had plenty of drama!!