Friday, December 4, 2009

Hunting with Hemingway

Yesterday I talked with a rich lady, probably in her 80s, who told me she used to go hunting with Ernest Hemingway.



And what did brilliant Dani ask?

"Did you catch anything?"

CATCH anything? You don't CATCH things when you go hunting. You SHOOT them. You KILL them. That is not the same thing as catching. Catching is what you do when you go fishing.

I think.

Anyway, her answer was yes.

Also, after I asked her what her favorite restaurant in Sun Valley was, she asked me what my favorite restaurant in Boise was. I told her there were a couple Indian food places that I like.

Her response: "Oh. Well I wouldn't like that."

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

I wouldn't know what to say either.

Bear said...

Wow. Embarrassing.

rychelle said...

That is funny!!! I am coming to your town for Christmas, are you going to be there, is your number still the same, I would love to see you!! Hopefully you might fel the same way:)

Dave said...

oh, well of course she wouldn't like that. People who catch big game, hunting with Hemingway would rather have tandoori BISON than vegetarian fare.