Monday, December 7, 2009

The rest of my life

Here's the plan. I just finalized it today:

Write a bestselling novel (preferably by mid-2010). Earn $5 million or more on it. This should be enough (including interest earnings) to afford Seth and the children and me a comfortable lifestyle for the next 70 years. Retire the second that 5 millionth dollar lands in my hands. Make Seth retire also. Sleep in every day. Stay up late at night. Have lots of friends. Go to the beach sometimes. Bake things.


Sounds great, right?

The only problem is I don't actually know what my novel would be about. But never fear, I've been brainstorming. Seth helped:

-vampires
-wizards
-crying in the shower
-Christmas (with some sort of touching element, like perhaps a crotchety old man who gives up his airplane ticket so a young soldier can fly home to see his family, possibly for his last Christmas ever)
-slave ship
-death

Okay, it's not a very good list. Please help.

8 comments:

LJ said...

Here is the rest of your list:

Childhood (yours or someone else's)
Menopause
Something about being a minority, or the child of a minority
Sock monkeys
Pirates

You have to share royalties, though, and I'll give you an honorary Masters hood for your very own.

Jules AF said...

VAMPIRE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capitalize on Harry Potter AND Twilight. Please do.

Alison said...

I would love to write a novel as well... but I also suffer from the lack of something to write about. It seems it's all been written!

Beary Punch said...

may I hook you up with a friend of mine' she and her husband write novels...? email me.. Laurie =_)

Kristina P. said...

What about Vampire Nazis?

The Grady's said...

Love it! Write something I want to read - it must have the following elements:
-Love
-a little bit of fantasy (not too much!)
-the love interests must struggle a little bit and suffer for each other (think Scarlet Pimpernel)
-adventure
-non-annoying female lead (must be vulnerable, but not whiney, strong, but not a feminazi, etc)
-a good fight at the end

Okay, go!

Megan said...

As long as you have the word trajectory and a zamboni in it, you will reach your goal of 5 million.

rychelle said...

You should definately jump on the vampire bandwagon...everyone else has made a pretty penny!!

Or you can write a self help...