Monday, February 2, 2009

Good afternoon

Wow, 12:01 p.m. and my coworker has seamlessly made the transition from answering the phone with a "Good morning" to answering the phone with a "Good afternoon!"

This is impressive.

Also: I see no reason whatsoever that a.m. should switch to p.m. at 12:00 rather than 1:00. It would make so much more sense if it went from 11:59 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. The whole clock just needs to be shifted so one is at the top, where it belongs. Okay?

Another solution: go from 11:59 a.m. to 0:00 p.m. This also works.

5 comments:

Bear said...

I rather agree with you about the am pm thing. Why should 12 be different than 11?

Jules AF said...

meeeh it makes sense to me. Why are you being so picky??

Colette said...

When I was little, I was convinced that PM started at 1 o'clock. My mom tried so hard to tell me I was wrong, but it just made more sense to me that way.

Unknown said...

Okay, here's MY question: You say it's 12:01... but it says you posted your blog at 11:03am. So are you one of those time travelers, or what?

Dani said...

whoops! blog was set to pacific time. fixed.