Monday, December 22, 2008

Worst Christmas Songs Ever

I don't know which song I hate the most:

1. Do you hear what I hear?
"With a tail as big as a kite, with a tail as big as a kite."

2. The 12 Days of Christmas.
Beyond boring.

3. The one about the shoes the kid has to buy for his mom in case she meets Jesus tonight.
I may or may not secretly love this song.

What am I missing? A lot of people hate The Little Drummer Boy, but it doesn't make me want to scream like some others do.

Least hated Christmas song:
All I Want for Christmas is You.

7 comments:

Jules AF said...

If the All I Want for Christmas Is You is the Mariah Carey song, I LOVE IT MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF!!!!!!!!

rychelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rychelle said...

Barbara Striesand's (sp)jingle Bells. Most people hate it...But I LOVE it. I love the "jing jang jingle bells (repeat!)"part and the fast slow...Anyways, I once heard my sister-in-law slam it and I shrunk in horror that she could hate one of my favorite songs. And O Holy night is my absolute fav!

Dani said...

why YES, I DO mean the Mariah Carey song. also sung memorably be the child prodigy in Love Actually.

i forgot, I also LOVE the Dave Matthews Band song. I think it's called The Christmas Song or something. Except it ends on a sad note: "and the blood of our children is all around." man.

Colette said...

I hate Santa Baby. Worst Christmas song ever. I think it is a gross song.

Kristina said...

I really hate 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.' It is also gross.

Andy Bourne said...

I hate the "Last Christmas I gave you my heart" song. In fact, there are about two Christmas songs I don't absolutely hate. And those two are completely subject to their renditions. This is why as a rule there are only 25 days a year in which I allow Christmas music to be played in my presence. November 30? Absolutely not. December 26? Don't even try it. I am also thinking of making a website showcasing the 10 worst Christmas commercials every year. #1 this year is RC Willey with the stupid Trading Spaces (Extreme Makeover?) girl. Hate it hate it hate it.